Last updated on August 27th, 2013 at 02:29 pm
Recently, I have received annoying friends posting their status about a sensational Youtube-look-alike video embedded in their facebook wall. The application entitled “Candid camera Prank! [HQ]” appears to be harmless, and look so much like any alluring nice candid, tempting you to click on it. There are usually send by friends in your list.
It tag your name, followed by a simple message that goes like this “”YourName, this is without doubt the sexiest video ever! 😛 😛 😛“.
Below I have pasted a screenshot with showing 3 consecutive feeds to 3 different users. Identity of username has been smudged and remain undisclosed.
To cut things short and quick! My advice to user is DO_NOT_CLICK!.. and read on for solution if you_have_already click..
What will happen if you click on it?
- This Video will redirect you to Application winamp.
- Application can access your address book, and
- posting Candid Camera Prank! [HQ] to your friends
- Its automated, without you knowing!
What is this Link, application, youtube-look-alike?
- This is an internet worm.
- Internet worms are truly autonomous virtual viruses, spreading across the net, breaking into computers, and replicating without human assistance and usually without human knowledge.
I have already clicked! So what is the solution? (How To Remove)?
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Go to –> Account –> Application Settings –> Remove “K-Multimedia” application
- Next, from your Windows start button, go to START –> RUN –> type “%temp%”
- A new folder will open.
- Select all files and sub-folders in that Temp Folder and delete them. (What is Temp Folder?)
Temp Folder is a directory used to hold temporary files. Many operating systems and some software automatically delete the contents of this directory at bootup or at regular intervals. All files in Temp folder are safe to remove.